Pigmentation Removal Singapore: Can Pigmentation be Removed?
Pigmentation is a skin condition that causes the skin to have patches of pigmented areas. Pigmentation doesn’t cause any medical complications but can affect your self-esteem.
It’s a common cosmetic issue, and many people want pigmentation treatment to improve their image. Different pigmentation treatment options are available at low cost, though they may require multiple sessions to achieve desired results.
Getting professional pigmentation removal in Singapore should be a priority rather than going for cheap pigmentation treatments, as it could lead to undesired results and complications if proper care is not taken during the treatment. Pigmentation can be removed and in today’s guide, we explore different pigmentation removal methods in detail:
One of the most effective pigmentation removal methods, laser light penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin and destroys pigmented cells. It’s a painless procedure with no downtime involved. The laser treatment is mainly used for pigmentation on the face, hands, neck, and chest areas.
Side effects: Redness of skin, pigmentation marks, etc.
Recovery time: There is no recovery time required after the treatment session.
This is a safe procedure in which non-invasive microcrystals are applied to the pigmented area to remove dead cells from the top layer of skin and expose a brighter complexion underneath it.
Side effects: Swelling, redness of the pigmented area, etc.
Recovery time: No recovery time is required after microdermabrasion pigmentation removal in Singapore, but your facial expression may be restricted for a day as microdermabrasion is done with local anesthesia.
Just as it sounds, chemical peels are chemical solutions used to exfoliate pigmented cells and produce an even-toned complexion. It’s usually applied on pigmented areas like hands, neck, and face to reduce pigmentation and give a more youthful appearance.
Side effects: Redness of pigmented area, burning sensation, etc.
Recovery time: There is no downtime associated with the procedure, but your facial expression may be restricted for an immediate post-treatment session or two depending upon the type of chemical peel used for pigmentation removal by the dermatologist. You may also feel stinging pain after the treatment session, which subsides within a few hours.
There are many other methods like dermabrasion, and photorejuvenation, which are used to remove pigmentation. Laser pigmentation removal is the most popular pigmentation removal in Singapore as it’s a safe method with no downtime associated and gives quick results.
Going for professional skin pigmentation removal in Singapore is recommended rather than opting for pigmentation removal procedures at home or in beauty parlors. Some of these methods may lead to scarring and pigmented marks on the skin after the pigmentation has been removed. If you work with a board-certified dermatologist though, they will examine your skin and suggest better options depending upon your pigmentation or skin type for further assistance.
How to Avoid Developing Pigmentation again after Pigmentation Removal
Getting your pigmentation removal in Singapore at a reputed facility or from the hands of a board-certified dermatologist doesn’t make you immune to pigmentation. Ideally, there are a few things the skin doctor will want you to observe to reduce your risks of developing pigmentation again. Real quick, here are some of the pointers you may want to keep in mind.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight: Protect your pigmented areas from direct sunlight as it can cause pigmentation marks to darken or reoccur after pigmentation removal.
- Protect yourself: It would be best if you wear full sleeves clothes and use sunscreen lotion with SPF 30 or more before stepping out in the sun.
- Don’t use cosmetics having a high concentration of Mercury, Lead, etc.: These chemicals are used for pigmentation purposes by some cosmetic brands; however, they tend to leave pigmentation marks on the skin after pigmentation removal, which makes the pigmentation appear darker than usual. So it’s better to stay away from such products during treatment sessions for pigmentation removal.
- Avoid using excess makeup: Avoid using heavy makeup during pigmentation treatment sessions as it may interfere with the pigmentation removal procedure.
- Stop smoking: It’s one of the main causes of pigmentation as nicotine is a vasoconstrictor; it reduces blood supply to skin cells, resulting in pigmentation after pigmentation treatment sessions. So try quitting smoking during pigmentation treatments sessions to get rid of pigmented marks on your skin once for all.
- Avoid stress: Stress has also been identified as one of the reasons for pigmentation, so stay away from stress during pigmentation removal procedures; else, you might have to prematurely darken pigmented areas again due to post-treatment stress.
So, all in all, pigmentation removal in Singapore is a simple process of pigmented cells elimination with the help of new pigments or pigmentation removal procedures which can be done at home, beauty parlors, or by a dermatologist. There are many pigmentation treatments available, like micro-pigmentation, laser pigmentation removal, etc., to make your skin even-toned and smooth for flawless-looking skin.
Different Types of Pigmentations which can be removed?
- Liver spots: They look like small liver-shaped marks on the skin which appear due to aging. Overexposure to sun rays results in the darkening of these marks after removing pigmentation; however, they don’t pose any threat to your health.
- Freckles: These pigmentation marks could be one or few and usually appear on the cheeks, Nose Bridge, and eyes. Laser pigmentation removal procedures can easily remove them as they don’t appear frequently and are not a big issue for anyone.
- Birthmarks: Some children are born with pigmented skin areas due to which they feel less confident about their appearance because of pigmentation problems like birthmarks on the face or some other part of the body. Laser pigmentation removal is very effective in removing pigmented spots from the skin, so if you have a pigmented birthmark and you’re concerned about your appearance, consult a dermatologist immediately.
- Sunspots: They up as darker pigmented parts of the skin and tend to fade away with pigmentation removal treatments; however, they can reappear on pigmented areas again. They mainly appear on the face, hands, and arms, so it’s better to stay safe from sunlight exposure as much as you can during pigmentation treatment sessions.
- Melasma: Dark pigmented patches generally appear due to hormonal imbalances during pregnancy or menstruation, which results in skin pigmentation. A dermatologist may recommend treatment options like laser pigmentation removal to get rid of them.
There are different pigmentation removal treatments available to get rid of pigmented cells from the surface of one’s skin; however, choosing a renowned dermatologist will give you the best pigmentation removal results. A dermatologist can guide you better on pigmentation removal treatments as they have thorough knowledge about the pigmentation types and pigmentation removal procedures, so it’s advisable to go for professional skin pigmentation treatment rather than opting for pigmentation removal at home.
Dr Chua Cheng Yu: Acne | Acne Scar Removal | Pigmentation
13 Stamford Rd, #B2-35 Capitol Singapore, Singapore 178905
+65 8858 6689